Santa brought me a rotiserrie!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I dont know why, I certainly wasnt very good this year. But anyway, Id love other rotiserrie-users' favorite things to fix in them, and what kind of seasonings you use. Im sure thats the trick to making great stuff in this thing. When I pulled it out of the box, I thought Id never figure it out, but after watching the DVD that came with it...what a great idea!!....I think I can manage it. Any favorites out there?

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have a George Forman one. I LOVE it. I just stick a whole bird in it (young of course). I just season it with salt, pepper and onion powder. The skin is to die for. Have fun with it.

3. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Hope the chickens did not see you unwrap it. [​IMG]

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Halo!! My chickies hatched!! Your a grammy!! They are so adorable. I will post pics as soon as I can. Anyway, I have one too, we cook everything in ours, steak, pork chops and even a ham. I love it!! Personally, we tried a lot of different seasonings, but we love shake and bake. Yummy!! Set it and forget it!!! Thats the best part!!Ours is the Showtime Elite.[​IMG]

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Shake and bake??? Thats interesting.

Pm to you.

6. MicMoo

MicMoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I have a Farberware Openhearth Rotiserrie that's about 30 years old and it still works great. My favorite is pork tenderloin, sprayed lightly with olive oil then liberally covered with lemon pepper and Johnny's seasoning salt.

7. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

When I started doing my own meat birds, I bought a rotiserrie to do some whole birds. I put the bird in the grill and fired it up. Everything worked fine for awhile, until I looked out and my grill was on fire. I needed to use the fire extinguisher it was so big. The bird was trashed, and so was the rotiserrie. I don't know if the extra fat on my home grown bird caused the fire or what, but it was not pleasant.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well, I fired up the rotiserie today. I didnt want a big mess in case I messed up, so I did 2 chicken breasts in the basket provided. OMG.....it was fabulous. The only thing I did wrong was that it said for chicken parts to cook for 45 minutes, and I bumped that up to an hour because I was afraid it wouldnt be done enough...it looked very juicy after 45 mins. Next time Ill do it just 45 mins. I can't wait to try all kinds of things now. And I dont know whats more fun to watch, the rotisserie turning, or the hatcher on the table next to it.

As you see, it doesnt take much to entertain me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by