Sapphire Gem Gender?

EastStephensEggers

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2021
Okay all, I'm a new chicken owner and bought 6 straight run chicks in March (so they're about 11 weeks old) of various breeds. I think myself and my neighbors (much more experienced chicken owners) have identified the gender of all of one - my Sapphire Gem. We think it's a rooster but we go back and forth. Wondering what the experts here think!! Appreciate the help!!

Attachments

• 20210608_195313.jpg
    20210608_195313.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 98
Okay all, I'm a new chicken owner and bought 6 straight run chicks in March (so they're about 11 weeks old) of various breeds. I think myself and my neighbors (much more experienced chicken owners) have identified the gender of all of one - my Sapphire Gem. We think it's a rooster but we go back and forth. Wondering what the experts here think!! Appreciate the help!!
Why do you think it’s a rooster?

Looks like a pullet...

Oh wow thanks for the super fast replies!!! That is great news!! It's just more dominant than the rest and also seems to have more pointed tail feathers than the rest but it's the only Sapphire Gem I have so I didn't have a good comparison! Like I said we've been going back and forth. I initially thought it was a hen because it didn't have a white dot on its head as a chick put then I read males could also have white on their wing tips which it did have. The internet is overwhelming for newbies sometimes!! I really appreciate the input!! 😊

Back
Top Bottom