1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sara Palin And The Wild Alaskans!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CoyoteMagic, Jan 16, 2011.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Friend of mine found Sara Palin on the side of the road at the beginning of last month.

[​IMG]

She got the name Sara Palin as that was what they were talking about on the radio when she was picked up. Sara was very pregnant and very low on groceries.

On Wednesday, Sara became Momma Palin!!! She gave birth to the Wild Alaskans!! 11 puppies (lost 3) who were given Alaskan names because it's been so dang cold around here (we were snowed in for 3 days, that just doesn't happen in these parts)

[​IMG]

Momma Palin, Track, Willow and Bristol

[​IMG]

Welcome to the world Willow

[​IMG]

Willow gets a kiss from Momma

[​IMG]

Gangs all here!! Track, Willow, Bristol, Piper, Denali, Juneau, Kenai,

If anyone in the Western NC area is looking for a puppy, possibly a hunting dog, there are 6 puppies available.

Only 6 cuz little Willow is MINE!!!

[​IMG]

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    SOOO CUTE! I would LOVE one, but we've just recently rescued a mini dachshund who's been starved to within an inch of his life, so I'm busy rehabbing right now...no time for a new pup! Adorable though!

3. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute dog. Though, personally, I would have picked a more dignified name like "Lifesaving Hero". [​IMG]

4. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    love the names.
    i am a fan of sarah palin.nothing wrong with a strong ,independant woman.

thank you for saving all of them.[​IMG]

5. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Adorable. Bless you for saving them! Are the pups mix breed? [​IMG]

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Wasn't me, was a friend of mine that saved them.

Momma Sara is a Treeing Walker Coonhound (TWC) and my friend says that the puppies also look like TWC's. Could be purebreds as there are lots of folks out here in the boonies that raise hunting dogs. I've done a bunch of reading on TWC's since we picked Willow as ours. TWC are good hunting dogs but they are good family pets. They are good with other animals, great with kids, and would like nothing better than kicking back on the couch to catch an afternoon of sappy movies on TV

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by