Sarah

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Saw this on another blog... hope it doesn't get shut down...

Sung to the tune of "Sarah" by Jefferson Starship

Go now, don't look back we've drawn the line
    Move on it's no good to go back in time

I'll never find another girl like you, for happy endings it takes two
    We're fire (Arizona) and ice (Alaska), the dream will come true

Sara, Sara, votes are brewin' in your eyes
    Sara, Sara, now is the time its your time to fly

Danger, in Iraq when the stakes are high
    Bonded, our hearts we'll bond while McCain stands by

We'll never find another girl like you, for happy endings it takes two
    They're fire and ice, the dream will come true

Sara, Sara, now is the time its your time to fly

('cause Sara) Loved us, like no one ever loved us before
    (and Sara) Moved us, no one could ever move us more
    (and Sara) Sara
    (and Sara) Youll be VP like no other before.

We'll never find another girl like you
    They're fire and ice, the dream will come true

Sara, Sara, now is the time, its your time.

Sara, Sara, now is the time, it's your time to fly

Sara, Sara, votes are brewing in your eyes
    Sara, Sara, now is the time, it's now your time
    Oh Sara, you'll do it, you'll do it , you'll do it this fall.

Wish someone in Minnesota at the convention could get a hold of this...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think a lot of us decided not to do the politics thing on this forum, no offense. It's just that politics can be very divisive and might wreck this community, especially because of how polarized opinions are with this election.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Agreed, however as long as this remains civil it will stay open. Fair warning. [​IMG]

4. VT Chick-lit

VT Chick-lit Out Of The Brooder

I listened to Sarah address the convention tonight and I cried [​IMG] . I finally heard what I needed to hear from one of the candidates, and Sarah delivered it with sincerity. She will go to Washington to represent us, not just the special intrests, the hollywood elites, and the radicals on the left and the right. Sarah is in touch with the great working middle class. Those of us from small towns in rural America and the working class neighborhoods in our cities. People with common sense, who love God and Country and will fight for both. It has been a long time since either party has listened to us and maybe now we will be heard.

Sarah has already made big changes in the corruption that was "politics as usual" in Alaska and I think she will complement John McCain when they shake up corruption in Washington. We do not need more taxes. We need less Washington spending and more accountability for what is spent. The end of earmarks will will be a good start. Sarah will have McCains back. McCain/Palin [​IMG]

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Considering her speech was written by the same man that has been writing Bush's speeches for the last 8 years, that doesn't mean much to me.

6. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I thought she did a great job.
    Whoever wrote her speeches, she is the one who delivered it with sincerity and humor and conviction and her timing was inpeccable.
    President Bush's speechwriter may have wrote a great speech, but Gov Palin delivered it with spunk.

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I thought it was good, too-- but, the pic I will probably always remember was the little girl licking her palm to put down her baby brother's cowlick!! THAT cracked me up. I was, however, thoroughly annoyed with the spin doctor one of our local stations brought in that called it a lightweight "Hallmark Card" of a speech. Bias, much???

8. VT Chick-lit

VT Chick-lit Out Of The Brooder

As someone who is not a Republican, Bush NEVER had the effect on me that Sarah Palin had on me tonight. So I am not willing to give the credit to Bush's speech writer. I saw Sarah Palin on a television program several months ago, before I had heard any rumor that she might be considered for VP. I was impressed with her grit and integritey then and I am still impressed with her now! I am excited [​IMG] to be able to finally vote for a ticket with integritey. I was beginning to wonder if one existed in politics any more.

For those of you who found what I am feeling now in the Obama/Biden ticket, congratulations! I was starting to wonder if I would be able to feel this way about a ticket in 2008.

Edited for chubby finger typos

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  9. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I loved the comment about the Gov's jet, She sold it on Ebay, LOL.

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I thought she delivered a great speech, and I'll bet she had plenty of input into it, she spoke very naturally, forcefully, with conviction, she believed what she was saying. I think she's a breath of fresh air, I get a kick out of the lamestream media types who are hellbent on smearing anything and everything about her - she intimidates them completely! Good for her, I hope she steamrolls right into Washington. Hillary has real competition for 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by