Saras Ameraucanas are pipping! :D UPDATE Chick #4

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Feb 24, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    One started pipping around 1 pm today (monday), and all through out the day and night 4 others have pipped! [​IMG] Theres a few more eggs yet to pip including Buck Creeks Black langshangs that are also due today (tuesday)!

So im really excited/anxious!!!

Saras are to be black ameraucanas though I may get a amer/orp mix which will be fun to see what that will mature to look like if so [​IMG] Edited to add that its pretty neat the Orp roo was removed 3 1/2 weeks when I got the eggs and still theres an orp crosslike Sara told me just goes to show you to wait the FULL 4 weeks! LOL! Tho i still am excited about him/her lol!

BTW, Saras eggs are bluer than show quality ameraucanas I bought! So if you're looking for bluer eggs may want to inquire to her [​IMG] LOL! If she'll be selling more that is [​IMG]

It was a great hatch day all day today I couldnt have been happier! LOL!

Heres ALL the chicks that hatched yesterday (tuesday):
    FOUR Ameraucanas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 Black Langshangs (I only have a pic of the two for now, the third isnt lookin too great):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dakota:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 Ameraucana x Buff Orpington Chicks- I guess that'd make them EEs lol!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Great job! Can't wait to see the pics of babies from blue blue eggs!

3. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Congrads [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    New chick pics I just updated on the first post [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:OH MY GOOOSHHH even cuter than this cutie mix!!!! Before I read this I just got a PM from Sara saying it is a cross. She's bummed but she shouldnt be that cutie patutie is CUTE...but oh my gosh I cannot wait to see my pures!!!! Thank you for sharing! [​IMG] [​IMG] Comon purreeees hatch for mommy!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!! That baby is adorable. He/she is probably going to be gorgeous when all grown up. Now the others need to hurry up - baby Ameraucanas are sooo cute with their little chubby cheekies!! [​IMG]

8. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    Congratulations! I hatched my black & Splash Ameraucana last week. So I understand your feeling. My babies are not from hers but, I'm really happy with them. And your babies are so cute too! My baby pics are in my BYC Page. First one is black. Second one is supposed to be Splash. Good luck with your beautiful babies. Noriko. [​IMG]

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:awh adorable Noriko!!! I cannot wait to see the pure ones that are chillin in their shells still after pipping hehe! [​IMG] Thank you for the well wishes!

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

The fact that there could be a cross was fully disclosed to the buyer at the time of sale. [​IMG] I had separated them just prior to the request for eggs ( 2 weeks and 5 days). At that time I said I would send more if any were crosses since there was that chance.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by