Sarge is in the House!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by neuchicontheblock, Dec 9, 2009.

1. neuchicontheblock

neuchicontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    It is the first big snow, and I put out all kinds of good high protein food and every one was together...until...some one said a mean word and Whitey and Sarge got into it. Now Sarge is wrapped up in two warm towels sleepinf in a laundry basket on my kitchen table. After I cleaned him up. And I am having eggs for breakfast THAT NO ONE PRODUCED IN MY YARD!!!! I am pathetic...pictures to come.

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Can't wait for your pictures.. Sorry that your boys are fighting.. Hope Sarge recovers quickly and doesn't 'spill' what you had for breakfast!! Now, if you have chicken for lunch, they may stop laughing and start producing???? Maybe...

3. neuchicontheblock

May 23, 2009

4. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    No your not, I slept on my bathroom floor with one of my injured hens "Janey" recovering in the bath tub. Liquid bandaid works great! Your in good company [​IMG]

5. neuchicontheblock

May 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    poor Sarge.. hope he will be ok.

I too have nurtured and babied a number of chickens in my house these past couple of years! [​IMG]

7. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    I haven't had chickens in the house (yet), but one of our goats born this spring spent his first couple of weeks as a house pet. We had to bottle feed him (he was a surprise gift to us--without his mom!--when he was less than a day old) and he was pretty weak and sickly. He slept in a cardboard box in the bathroom--with a pillow and blanket, and I slept next to him.

[​IMG]

8. neuchicontheblock

May 23, 2009
    I am on a Webinar for work at home all day. I was unmuted for a question and Sarge crowed...scared the stuff out of me and perplexed everyone else. I guess he has recovered enough and I put him back outside. He looks OK...I am reading the posts about bringing roo's in the house in the cold. I am taking that into consideration, but don't tell my DH!

Ariel, I have brought baby llamas into the house and the adults as well from time to time. Interesting experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by