Sargent

lnm03

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 6, 2008
This is Sargent.

16759_sargent.jpg

He is some sort of Bantam not sure which are which yet but any how he, besides our "packing peanut who has a crooked neck "(we named him peanut) is the only chicken we have named. He rules his half of the brooder box. We currently have the Bantams separated until they get a little bigger because the others went into attack mode when we introduced them. Every morning and every evening and anytime in between when I stick my hands in "his side" he comes running and will peck my hand, arm what ever he can until I pick him up then he just lays in my hand. When I put him down he is content and lets me do what ever I was doing! Sunday I noticed that one of the others do it now too and this morning they all came running! I cant hold 13 chicks at once...lol

Do any of your chickens behave this way? I find it wierd because when I mess with the leghorns or black sex links they run away not to me!
hu.gif

They think your mama, Thats cute. I have a batch of serama babies and a batch of bantams in seperate brooders and none will do that for me
sad.png
. I hold them and they spazz out.

Quote:
Thats what the sexlinks and leghorns do!!! they go NUTS
wee.gif

What!?
You cannot hold 13 chicks at once! Pshaw!

Get used to it. Just wait until they are older and want to sit and watch TV with you. Yehaw!
wee.gif

LOL!! I guess I just didnt expect it because of the way the others act! I love it! Althought I am afraid I will hurt them if I try to hold all 13 at once because I also have to hold my daughter who doesnt quite understand be nice!​

We have only had our chicks not even a week. They would all run into a corner when I would stick my hand in the brooder to clean it or change the water or whatever. Now, they dont come running yet but they dont go into the corner anymore. When I take my hand out of the brooder though they do all run to their window to see what I am doing.

Good looking Sargent you got yourself there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom