Sasso 150

Nessmuk53

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
Would anyone know of any hatchery that sells this bird? It sounds like an ideal alternative to the Jumbo Cornish Rock. I have a call in to the Parent Company, but thought someone on the forum might know.

Never heard of them. Looks like Cobbs version of the Freedom Ranger. If they are available, I'm surprised no one on here has ever brought it up.
ETA: I just read they are from France. I'm guessing they're aren't available here..........yet.

Last edited:
I have seen a somewhat similar bird for sale by one of the hatcheries, but not certain if it is the same on. I will post any info I can extract from their Arkansas office.

I just looked at the Freedom Rangers. I believe you are correct. They look like the same bird or darn close to it. I also like the idea of supporting a small operation and not a multi-national.

Well, just spoke to them and found out that they are not in the US. No one in the US is interested in a slow grower in the commercial poultry business. Canada is the closet they are raised. Freedom Rangers it is.

Back
Top Bottom