1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SASSO Chicken in the Philippines.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mercilless, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mercilless

Mercilless Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mercilless

Mercilless Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Thanks Veer67

I like SASSO, its good to add up in the flock. it would be good if you want to eat some good backyard chickens

without killing your brown egg layers hahaha ^_^

1 person likes this.
  4. deafguy2

deafguy2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2014
    To me they look like New Hampshire Reds. I am raising my 9 sasso chickens at home in Baguio City, Philippines :)

5. boyet

boyet New Egg

Dec 9, 2015
    I used to raise sasso before. It's a french chicken. Grows as big as kabir but taste like a native chicken.

6. grasspunk

grasspunk New Egg

Sep 17, 2015
    SW France
    Greetings All,

SASSO isn't a breed. It is a French company based in Les Landes in SW France (not far from me) that sells a range of chicken types. They're all hybrids, i.e. not for repro. The chicken market here is dominated by label rouge so that is what they specialize in, but they do other things too. These are chickens that go outside rather than for industrial farms.

You can see their range here: http://www.sasso.fr/best-chicken-breeds-male-breeders-for-organic-free-range-backyard-production.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by