sassy chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sunday, Sep 24, 2012.

1. sunday

sunday Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    will things went better in the hen house today .... i got up early this morning just in time to catch one of my hens eating her own egg ... and just in time to catch another one laying her egg on the ground ....the other 3 hen layed their eggs in the nest .... so all togeather i got 5 eggs to day ...now thats better .... but some thing else is going on ...if i dont gather the eggs shortly after their layed .... they disapear ....and i end up at the end of the day only having 1 egg.... because one of my hens lay later in the day....humm so what do you think about that???

2. Grateful Dad

Grateful Dad Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    make a toilet seat for the nest so the eggs fall down inside!, just kidding, I have heard breaking an egg eater of the habit is almost impossible..I hope Im wrong though.

3. sunday

sunday Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    I hope not ether ..... I am really looking forward to the eggs so i can help a couple of familys in my church one is a widow and the other is a family that the husband is sick with a kidney faller and the wife is a cancer survivor ..... I enjoy helping them .... thanks so much for your post.

4. PeepsAreForMe

PeepsAreForMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Pemberton Borough, NJ
    I only have 3 hens but one would break open an egg every once in a while. Since it is not always possible for me to collect them warm from the chicken, I blew out one and put mustard in it. I read they don't like the taste. I did find that one broken and not sure how big a taste they got. I also put golf balls in, reading that they will get tired of getting headaches from pecking them and will stop. Mine stopped. So there is hope!!

5. triciawhite

triciawhite Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    I have a list of breeds, of feathered feet chicken's if you still need it, call me love ya

6. triciawhite

triciawhite Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    can not for the life of me, get my photos to upload, on this site right now!!!!!1

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by