cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Click here for show information and entry forms. ---> Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show information and Entry Forms

Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show
Saturday, Oct 15, 2011
Suwannee River Fair Grounds
17851 NW 90th Ave.
Fanning Springs, FL. 32693
---> MAP
Time: Doors will open at 7:00 AM for check-in – Judging will start at 8:30 AM
KRYSTINA THOMPSON, RABBIT SECRETARY (ALL SHOWS) [email protected] QUESTIONS OR VOLUNTEER CONTACT: THELMA THOMPSON SUPERINTENDENT & POULTRY SECRETARY 352-222-5531 [email protected]

denee1-4.jpg

Last edited:
Turned in the registrations for the pullet show for both the Kinders Major & Minor last night.

I'll probably take some turkeys up for the swap. Midget Whites are not showable as they are not an APA recognized breed, but they'll be ready for the holidays.

Just talked to Mrs. Thelma about this show. My daughter and I are looking forward to this show.

Just a reminder that the show is this coming weekend. Hope to see a lot of peeps. I will be there with cages.

Click here for show information and entry forms. ---> Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show and Entry Forms

Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show
Saturday, Oct 15, 2011
Suwannee River Fair Grounds
17851 NW 90th Ave.
Fanning Springs, FL. 32693
---> MAP
Time: Doors will open at 7:00 AM for check-in – Judging will start at 8:30 AM
KRYSTINA THOMPSON, RABBIT SECRETARY (ALL SHOWS) [email protected] QUESTIONS OR VOLUNTEER CONTACT: THELMA THOMPSON SUPERINTENDENT & POULTRY SECRETARY 352-222-5531 [email protected]

Last edited:
The kids and I will be washing birds in the tub come Friday night.

And I have to set up a brooder tomorrow for the Pullet Management contest chicks we'll be bringing home from the show.

You know, I'm getting to where I look forward to summer as much as the kids do. No poultry shows, no fairs, no 4-H projects, no science fair projects...
tongue.png

Here are some pictures I took at the show. I think it went well for their first show.

IMG_3375.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg
IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg
IMG_3379.jpg
IMG_3380.jpg
IMG_3381.jpg
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_3383.jpg
IMG_3384.jpg
IMG_3385.jpg
IMG_3386.jpg
IMG_3387.jpg
IMG_3388.jpg
IMG_3389.jpg

A few more to go along with Cmom's photos.

There will be a Pullet Management Contest at the Suwanee River Fair in March. Every child who entered received six red sex-link chicks to grow out which they picked up at this show. Come fair time they choose their best three and enter them. I was told there were 48 kids who signed up so they had two stock tanks of chicks for them to select from.

20111015_095637.jpg
20111015_095604.jpg

Trying to get my two to pick twelve chicks between them was worse than trying to get them to make up their minds in a candy store!

Gotta have something for the little ones to do at the show while they're waiting on the adults to do their thing so what better than to color chicken pictures!
20111015_095212.jpg

I caught a local celebrity inside looking at the birds.
tongue.png

20111015_095228.jpg

It's not a good shot of him, but the Phoenix in the photo was one of the better looking ones that I've seen in a while.

They had a raffle and silent auction to support the fair and I cleaned up. Three bags of chick starter and a silicon baking mold. Not bad for six bucks!

It was small but I hope she'll put it on again next year.

Back
Top Bottom