Sat. Oct.15th Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show, Fanning Springs, FL

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by cmom, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Click here for show information and entry forms. ---> Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show information and Entry Forms

Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show
    Saturday, Oct 15, 2011
    Suwannee River Fair Grounds
    17851 NW 90th Ave.
    Fanning Springs, FL. 32693
    ---> MAP
    Time: Doors will open at 7:00 AM for check-in – Judging will start at 8:30 AM
    KRYSTINA THOMPSON, RABBIT SECRETARY (ALL SHOWS) [email protected] QUESTIONS OR VOLUNTEER CONTACT: THELMA THOMPSON SUPERINTENDENT & POULTRY SECRETARY 352-222-5531 [email protected]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

We will be there with poultry and rabbit supplies.

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Turned in the registrations for the pullet show for both the Kinders Major & Minor last night.

I'll probably take some turkeys up for the swap. Midget Whites are not showable as they are not an APA recognized breed, but they'll be ready for the holidays.

4. sissong

sissong Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Just talked to Mrs. Thelma about this show. My daughter and I are looking forward to this show.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Just a reminder that the show is this coming weekend. Hope to see a lot of peeps. I will be there with cages.

Click here for show information and entry forms. ---> Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show and Entry Forms

Suwannee River Youth Livestock Show
    Saturday, Oct 15, 2011
    Suwannee River Fair Grounds
    17851 NW 90th Ave.
    Fanning Springs, FL. 32693
    ---> MAP
    Time: Doors will open at 7:00 AM for check-in – Judging will start at 8:30 AM
    KRYSTINA THOMPSON, RABBIT SECRETARY (ALL SHOWS) [email protected] QUESTIONS OR VOLUNTEER CONTACT: THELMA THOMPSON SUPERINTENDENT & POULTRY SECRETARY 352-222-5531 [email protected]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Another reminder of this show coming up the Saturday...

7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    The kids and I will be washing birds in the tub come Friday night.

And I have to set up a brooder tomorrow for the Pullet Management contest chicks we'll be bringing home from the show.

You know, I'm getting to where I look forward to summer as much as the kids do. No poultry shows, no fairs, no 4-H projects, no science fair projects... [​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    All loaded up and ready to roll... [​IMG]

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Here are some pictures I took at the show. I think it went well for their first show.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    A few more to go along with Cmom's photos.

There will be a Pullet Management Contest at the Suwanee River Fair in March. Every child who entered received six red sex-link chicks to grow out which they picked up at this show. Come fair time they choose their best three and enter them. I was told there were 48 kids who signed up so they had two stock tanks of chicks for them to select from.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Trying to get my two to pick twelve chicks between them was worse than trying to get them to make up their minds in a candy store!

Gotta have something for the little ones to do at the show while they're waiting on the adults to do their thing so what better than to color chicken pictures!
    [​IMG]

I caught a local celebrity inside looking at the birds. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not a good shot of him, but the Phoenix in the photo was one of the better looking ones that I've seen in a while.

They had a raffle and silent auction to support the fair and I cleaned up. Three bags of chick starter and a silicon baking mold. Not bad for six bucks!

It was small but I hope she'll put it on again next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by