Satinettes in KY

Thank you I hope I can make it up there for the show. You and I are pretty close I live in Barren Co. I am new to pigeons but I love to learn and watch them.

You will find hundreds of pigeons for sale there. I remember the first time I went. I started to look through the sale coops, I picked out something I liked, walked to the end of the row, they were gone before I made it back. Look for 2012 birds. If someone is selling older birds there could be a chance they are infertile or not good parents. Not everyone that sells is honest. But most are great people. Good luck.

I know its too late at this point, but Ive always been told not to buy from people at shows because they are getting rid of the birds for a reason. Now buying a bird that shows well from the breeder is a different story. But buying from the guys in the back with the sales coops, not a good idea. Not saying all birds are bad but ask yourself why they are selling the birds. I do think if you are just looking to have some birds and have some fun, thats fine. Hope it helps. Im in Louisville.

Last edited:
I know its too late at this point, but Ive always been told not to buy from people at shows because they are getting rid of the birds for a reason.

I don't know if I would put much stock in that idea. Pigeons reproduce like any other animal. When a person has too many of them, they need to reduce their numbers so they sell a few. Maybe I'm naive but I believe that would be most peoples' reason.
If you're educated in what you're shopping for, it's much harder for someone to sell you their junk.

Back
Top Bottom