Saturday is Lockdown!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rsarns, Jun 23, 2011.

1. rsarns

rsarns Chirping

Apr 25, 2011
    Ok, just so I do this right, Saturday is day 18.... so I take the eggs out of the turner, should I place them on someting in the 1588 besides the screen on the bottom, such as small coffee filters or? After doing this no more turning and get the hunidity up to 60% or more? Getting excited here.... I have 25 BCM eggs in this one! My other incubator (also a 1588) has 26 eggs, 13 Wheaton/blue Marans and 13 BCM's... they are due to hatch on the 8th of July..... I have tried candeling the BCM's but the eggs are so dark I have had no luck. The Wheaton/Blue eggs seem to be developing juist fine though! Comments and suggestions is appreciated! These are my first attempt at hatching!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. blkwdw

blkwdw Songster

May 29, 2011
    I just put mine on the wire, works fine for me...why are you putting something down? to cut down on the mess? During lockdown, I try to get humidty to 70%, it stays up, once the babies start hatching

3. rsarns

rsarns Chirping

Apr 25, 2011
    Saw where some had done that before, guess it would make for easy post hatch cleaning. Appreciate the input!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by