!!Save America's Wildlife, Cap Global Warming Pollution Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluegrassSeramas

Serama Savvy
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Central Kentucky
Its really easy to take action!! You just type in your basic info and you can personalize the letter if you feel like it. I did mine!
They save your info and send it to all of your senators and representatives for you. They really get it, and will even respond back via mail
Really this is something that you can do that takes a few minutes (I know you can spare it! I see you on here all the time, lol!)
I could go on about this forever, about how our population has more than tripled in the last 100 years and we are all consumers and sucking up all the resources and materials there are left?
What are we all going to do when gas it 12.00 a gallon?
Scary stuff!!
--Jessi

http://www.edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=42590redirect=warmingwildlife

Climate change is already altering America's rich natural heritage and threatening countless species, including sea birds, butterflies, sea turtles, wild cats, fish, and scores of trees across the American landscape.

If we don't act now to dramatically reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, thousands of species across America are doomed.

I urge you to support an economy-wide cap on America's global warming pollution.

Please hurry and do this before its too late. We have taken too much time as it is. We need to stop worrying about Big Business and start looking forward to protect the Earth that sustains us.

i don't believe in global warming. Winter has been lasting longer and longer with more cold and snow than I can remember 25-30 years ago
sad.png
I do believe in a cyclic global temperature shift............ but.........

Sorry, that's my inconvenient truth.

Man, that is alot of fear:

I could go on about this forever, about how our population has more than tripled in the last 100 years...

We are all consumers and sucking up all the resources and materials...

What are we all going to do when gas it 12.00 a gallon...

Climate change is already altering America's rich natural heritage and threatening countless species...

If we don't act now to dramatically reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, thousands of species across America are doomed....

Support an economy-wide cap on America's global warming pollution....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But even if we stop polluting - what are we gonna do about the continued growth of the population?
People 'still makin' babies last time I looked, you know?​

Last edited:
Somewhere along the way, I learned that 99.99% of all species that ever lived on Earth are already extinct.
Kinda changes the perspective, you know?....

Dave, I have always respected your quick wit and intellect..... and I want to ask an honest question about something related but goofy....... have you seen the movie idiocracy? Kind of goes to the point of your first post.

Quote:
I did see it, at least most of it. It got a little too weird for me to hang in for the whole thing. But I do get your point.

For the answers to your questions on this matter, go back a hundred years or so to the likes of Verne and Huxley, Orwell and Little. These guys and the other Victorian age social commentarists had it right.

There is proof that there is global warming..just because its still cold somewhere doesn't mean that it is still happening.
I dont see any Bald Eagle here in KY anymore, but that does not mean they are extinct.

Scientific journals contain articles that have been peer reviewed, in an attempt to ensure that articles meet the journal's standards of quality, and scientific validity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_journal
There are scientific papers that have to be reviewed and passed as truth by a board of scientists that you can read online.
For example:
AR4 is the most comprehensive synthesis of climate change science to date. Experts from more than 130 countries contributed to this assessment, which represents six years of work. More than 450 lead authors have received input from more than 800 contributing authors, and an additional 2,500 experts reviewed the draft documents.

The IPCC’s technical reports derive their credibility principally from an extensive, transparent, and iterative peer review process that, as mentioned above, is considered far more exhaustive than that associated with scientific journals.

These papers are the real deal and not just one person's opinion (or a person's opinion that has been hired by Big Business to write what they are told to)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/topic.cfm?id=global-warming-and-climate-change

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=more-proof-of-global-warm

You show me scientific proof that has been peer reviewed by a board of scientists that there is no Global Warming and Ill read it.​

I'd like to see free birth control implants for lower income families and free Sterilization for families with more than two or three kids...

Most of the people that I know of that keep popping out kids are the ones that cant afford them. My friend works for social services and is a foster parent. I also worked in a half-way home for kids. You should have seen the parents with 4 or more kids, abused...living on little..and still the parents were popping out kids...
So sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom