1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

!@$#%@#$% Save me... Dog Gas...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 16, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My dog's are farting up a storm. It smells so bad in my living room that I want to stand outside in 20 degree weather for FRESH air. It there anything I can give them to stop the gas? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    What are you feeding your dog?

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I know what you mean. Whenever I give my min pin Roxy those dried chicken strips, she is a farting machine. lol [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    How about put the dogs outside in the 20 degree weather? Or at least the garage? [​IMG]

Seriously, though, there is probably something in their diet that is contributing to the gas.

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    They eat Purina Dog Chow. Have eaten it for the last 2 years with no problems. They have a few episodes a week lately where they stink to high h*ll.

ETA-- they haven't eaten anything different that I know of. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. ladyj

ladyj Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2008
    east texas
    try boiling half of an onion and after it cools give it to them to drink, usually after about 1 hour whatever is giving them the gas will pass and it won't be so bad:

7. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    Did they eat something dead outside?
    When was the last time thay were wormed?

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

OMG mine too!!! My older dobe is 8 and we have tried every kind of food that we could and what the vet recommended....there is simply to cure for my dogs severe case of stanky butt! [​IMG] It gets really bad when both are going at it..you always know when the younger one does it because he will turn around and look at his butt!!! HA!!!

I wanted to add that it was EXTRA bad when they had gotten into the est of rotten goose eggs!!!

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Never give dogs anything that has onions in it, or plain onions. Onions are deadly to dogs.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Good luck with it! My mini dachshund is about all I can take! I can't imagine more than one! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by