Saved my girls today.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Louielori, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Louielori

Louielori In the Brooder

May 13, 2013
    I let my girls out to free range this morning while I cooked a Saturday morning breakfast for the family. While we were enjoying our morning breakfast inside I suddenly heard my Barred Rock Steve squealing like crazy. My other two girls took shelter but Steve was trapped in a corner about to be a hawks breakfast. I lost a chick 3 months ago to a hawk, so anytime I free range them I am on edge. I ran out side and saw Steve trapped in a corner with the hawk feverishly trying to get a hold of her. I went charging for the hawk and she flew away in a panic. Steve was unharmed! The hawk got the best of me three months ago, but today I won! To all you chicken lovers who have lost a girl to a hawk, let's celebrate, today one was spared.

2. Louielori

Louielori In the Brooder

May 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my Steve safe and sound!

3. Majd

Majd Songster

Jun 22, 2012
    Oh... thanks god you saved her... cheers.... my cousins lost a young roo to a badger yesterday night.... omg I saw it screaming and he was running holding its neck... I was in my house on the porch. ... do I couldn't save it early enough.... it was soo sad... we searched everywhere but didn't find any trace of him :(

4. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Songster

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    Good job! Make the hawk go elsewhere for its breakfast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: