Saving more chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lfoose, Dec 4, 2007.

1. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Recently a freind of mine sent a link to me to watch a newcast from our local news station. Somehow two chickens were running around loose near a machine shop on Cleveland's west side. The news man and his crew caught the chickens. The APL is holding them until a home can be found. One hen and one rooster. As of today, they still have them so...I am supposed to talk to the man at the APL to arrange pick up of them. Gosh, I wonder what they charge for something like that? I already have two roo's. I hope the new roo gets along w/the two I already have.

Hope this link still works...you can watch it...scroll down to "troubleshooter chases down chickens"

www.newsnet5.com/video/14719493/index.html?taf=nn5

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Its good of you to take in the homeless chickens. Will you be able to isolate the new birds away from your existing birds for a few weeks to make sure that they arent sick?

Chel

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Haha, you gotta get them and then put a plug for byc since they are going to show a follow up![​IMG]

4. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    The man at the APL said the chickens were running around the neighborhood for about a month before they were caught. Their vet says they appear healthy. He believes they are both roos. When I get them, I'll take pics and hopefully someone here can help me determine if and what they really are.

Yes, I have an area in my husbands garage that I will keep them in.

I get them Saturday morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by