Saving my orchid

delmen

Hatching
Mar 21, 2016
I have a beautiful Australourp chicken who like meal worms so my female cousin bought her a pear shape ball that you put the meal worms in and it had marbles to keep the dry meal worms from coming out...Well she's 7mths last wk and I have been sadden to find out that she hasn't been eating because she ate 7 **** Marbles she's like a house pet to me. So the vet gave me some fluids to inject under her wings every day for 3 days. Is there anyone here who know how I can save my little Orchid.Somebody please HELP us. Thank you for any help..

I have a beautiful Australourp chicken who like meal worms so my female cousin bought her a pear shape ball that you put the meal worms in and it had marbles to keep the dry meal worms from coming out...Well she's 7mths last wk and I have been sadden to find out that she hasn't been eating because she ate 7 **** Marbles she's like a house pet to me. So the vet gave me some fluids to inject under her wings every day for 3 days. Is there anyone here who know how I can save my little Orchid.Somebody please HELP us. Thank you for any help..
Can you post a picture of the toy,the size of the marbles and of your chicken?
What are the marbles made of?
Are the fluids injection for hydration because she isn't eating/drinking?
Does her crop feel impacted with the marbles?
It sounds like you may need to take her back to the vet and see if they can remove the marbles.

Oof. Well, presumably the vet couldn't feel them in the crop otherwise you could have tried to hang her upside down and "milk" them out. So, at this point, they will either pass naturally with supportive care (such as the fluids you're giving her) or you may need to consider having them removed surgically. Maybe your vet does this, but if not then you'll want to search out someone who can before it's an emergency. If surgery is not an option and her condition continues to worsen, you may find yourself having to make a hard decision.

if you search crop surgery on the BYC site it has pictures and step by step instructions on EXACTLY how to do it. if this is a matter of her life or death you CAN do the surgery yourself ONLY IF THEY ARE IN HER CROP. if they have somehow passed from the crop you should post this on the EMERGENCY forum on BYC there are many REALLY knowledgeable people who go there to help others. I'm very certain they will have some suggestions for you. If she starts to eat and drink and normally go to the bathroom hopefully it will be ok. I'd be concerned of the marbles making a bowel obstruction in that case perhaps the vet can x-ray her and find a way to remove the obstacles before they cause serious issues. I would move quickly on trying to get them removed before they cause prooblems. I'm so very very sorry this happened. I pray she recovers soon!!

Back
Top Bottom