Saw a bald eagle on my way to work this morning

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 8, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    This morning DBF was driving me to my bus stop. While we were stopped at a light at a busy intersection, we noticing a couple dozen VERY agitataed crows & seagulls. They were mobbing a bald eagle!! It landed on a telephone pole and proceded to eat... well... not sure what. Something.
    [​IMG]

Here's the intersection & telephone pole where it happened . This is not a rural area - there's a gulch not far away but it's not by any means rural.

It made my day!

-------
    On a side note, this is only about 1 mile from my house and we also saw a hawk or falcon being harassed by a crow directly above our yard last weekend. We're going to make sure our girls have lots of protected areas from birds of prey.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Tis the season!!! Big Bear Lake is 45 minutes from us and it is a bald eagle habitat - protected. We see them all over this time of year - searching for food for their babies.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Neat! I always love seeing the bald eagles. I saw one the other day when my room mates and I were bird watching.

I don't see them often where I live, but I do see them every now and then. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them, it always takes my breath away!

4. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

we have lots of eagles along the susquehanna river...and especially around conowingo dam. I used to look up at large birds and wonder if they might be an eagle, dad always said nope, buzzard. When you finally do see one, you'll never mistake it again. they are stunning arent they!!!!!

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Hey, I have a funny Eagle story. We are heading to a church mission trip to mountains of West Virginia in a 15 passenger van. The pastor, who was sitting in the front seat, yelled, "LOOK! IT'S A BALD EAGLE!" Of course, all of us stretched to see.... a buzzard! LOL! He honestly thought it was an Eagle. But that's ok - we forgave him because he's not from around here. [​IMG]

6. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

hahahahah

they've made quite a comeback around here thats for sure. There's truly no mistaking them once you've seen one. Breathtaking yes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by