Saw a BOBCAT!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by shellybean40, May 20, 2010.

1. shellybean40

shellybean40 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    Well, my worst fears are here. My daughter asked me what an animal was, walking across a field next to our lot, and it was a BOBCAT! We have raccoons, opossums, foxes, hawks, owls, and now we have a BOBCAT??? My poor babies!

2. zazouse

zazouse Crowing

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Bob cats are every where you just don't see them often because they see you first.

Like all cats they know to stay hidden and are very patient, they will wait in a covered area for 45 minutes and when their pray to pass by and pounce on them.

I have 50 plus guineas that stay in the woods searching for bugs, Bob the cat does not like them, they will gather around everywhere and give him away, even follow him as he tries to make his get away chattering away at least that is what they do here.

The best defence against a cat is to keep your flock from the heavely brushed area in the day time.

3. magistradomina

magistradomina Songster

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Oh my goodness!![​IMG] I hope that it gets taken care of!

4. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Songster

A sturdy pen will deter the bobcat. We have them here, and as long as the girls are locked up at night we have no problems. If the bobcat is out during the day, than you might want to get electric perimiter fencing if you free range.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: