Saw skunk today!

Hegatha

Songster
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
Washington
I saw a skunk on my property this am and found tracks around the coop but no digging or anything. Do skunks like to kill chickens should I be worried? I have welded wire and chicken wire on my coop. I have a 12 in apron and the huge bricks around the whole coop.

yes they will kill chickens for the most part they love eggs.
I have most of my birds free ranging and some lay nest in the weeds and the skunk finds those and I have lost some hens because they were sitting on the nest and skunk killed them.

Sounds like you just have a hungry skunk hanging around. Hope the welded wire covers to whole run including the top otherwise he will go thru the chicken wire. If you're run and coop are safe then all you have to worry about is getting yourself sprayed.
ep.gif

Also hope he's not living under the coop, had a friend who's cabin was on the ground and a skunk moved in, he wound up killing it under the cabin, using a arrow and fishing line he pulled it out but could not use the cabin for over a year!
sickbyc.gif

There not living under it i have welded wire and chicken wire around the whole coop here are some pics. Think it skunk proof?
82508_coop_now_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom