Saw the cutest Naked Neck on tv last night --- as a stand-in for...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ... a turkey vulture chick!!

There was this really silly movie (The Animal, Rob Scheidner) on tv here last night and there was a bit in an 'animal rescue clinic'.
    There was a turkey vulture chick that the girl said they were afraid they would lose because it wouldn't eat.
    The 'turkey vulture chick' was the cutest black Naked Neck CHICKEN! And it wasn't even a chick, it was a fully feathered, mostly grown bird [​IMG]
    It looked just like some of my Naked Neck / Silkie / Ameraucana crosses.
    I see chickens on tv all the time, but never Naked Necks.
    I'm going to have to rent the movie just to see if I saw what I thought I saw (it was late).
    Has anyone seen the movie and noticed the chicken / vulture scene?
    I'm so crazy about my Naked Necks. It was neat to see one in a movie --- even if it was a stand-in for a vulture chick, lol.

Lisa

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I saw that too, my DH pointed it out as we have a newer NN hen and two babies right now. They are great bird. I love their personalities! And naked necks!

3. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Yes I saw that. Ilaughed at the fact that it was a chicken!LOL! I kept thinking "It's a chicken stupid! You don't have to chew its food.[​IMG]

4. Great! So it wan't a figment of my imagination!
    But it was a well-trained chicken, it ate 'whatever' out of his mouth on cue.
    I just can't believe they tried to pass it off as a vulture chick. Oh wait, It was a really silly movie all-around, I can believe it.
    Yaay! A Naked Neck had its debut!

Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by