Saw the saddest thing today :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Desert Rooster, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    I was driving to work this morning, when on the side of the road i saw a grocery bag with long black feathers sticking out from it.
    I kept driving but when i saw it from my rear view mirror, i thought i saw it move, so i made a u-turn and stopped next to the bag,
    and i saw that it was a dead rooster. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    poor thing looked like it was put in the bag while it was still alive, i got kind of sad when i saw what it was because im a chicken
    owner like all of us here on BYC and care alot for my chickens, i dont understand why someone would do such a thing.
    Seeing that made me give my chickens a hug when i got home, that poor little guy is in a better place now.......................

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Sucks what people due to animals. Tall tree, short rope, nuff said

3. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Quote:Yep.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Entirely possible that this person was just a lousy SOB...

Also possible that this was a roo that attacked the adult, but the kiddo still adored it, and this way was considered more compassionate than burying the mean thing in the yard where the kid would find it, the dog would find it, etc. [​IMG]

No way to know really, but me personally... snap its neck (quite basically painless death) and borrow a friend's yard... it's really not THAT hard to be a decent human being.
    [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] that is so sad. there are alot of careless people in the world. sad. [​IMG]

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Probably just wanted to get rid of the rooster, but this wasn't the best way to go about with it.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Wow, how sad

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] I just don't understand how people can think that animals are literally disposable. [​IMG]
    I absolutely understand having to do something with a mean rooster, etc., this is just inhumane.

9. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    maybe it was dead before it ever went in the bag..tho I would find a better way of disposal then dropping it by the road

10. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Perhaps it was being transported in the back of a pick up when it hopped around and fell out onto the road. Those who own pick ups will know how easily things in the bed can be lost. Perhaps its owner is upset at the loss of his or her rooster and wondering what happened to it.

Let's not rush so quickly to judge others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by