Saw this ad on CL... seriously, I don't believe this

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by harleyjo, Apr 25, 2011.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    5 Free Pan Fry baby chickens. Bought them for the kids to play with at Easter but don't want to keep them. Free to someone that wants to raise them.

I can't believe someone would do this. Seriously, those poor chicks were just a play thing for a day. Some people......​

2. Lisa7907

Lisa7907 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    I see those ads all the time. Stupid people! [​IMG]

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thats such a shame!

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I would answer the add and take the chicks at least then I know that the chicks would be taken care of I would bet there will be a bunch of ads for chicks and ducks now that Easter is done.

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Disposable Chicks Anyone

6. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Quote:I think I will. I am getting new chicks myself next Tues. what is a few more.

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

As my 80 year old mother-in-laws says, "God loves stupid people. He must, because he made SO many of them."
    People like that just blow my mind, because the obvious is beyond them [​IMG]

8. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Ack! That is horrible! When we had our feedstore, we made sure to order non Easter looking chicks as Easter approached and did not order Easter week-so no chicks for Easter. We did not want that to happen. No one complained. In fact they all understood and I had a list of people who would take in chicks that that happened to since the feedstore in the town over sold Easter chicks. Oh! And they also sold ducks. Try finding a home for a duckling or two when no one is zoned for ducks.
    What is just as worse are the Easter rabbits. Check the shelters in another week or two and they will have more rabbits then they know what to do with.

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Well, the good thing is that they ARE trying to find them a home that does want them. It's a whole lot better than either (1) them keeping them and the chicks are neglected; (2) they decide to release them outside.

10. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    It always infuriates me when people just buy animals for "an afternoon", or "a holiday". [​IMG]
    If you buy an animal, it's YOURS. Love it, take care of it. [​IMG]
    I just can't imagine what she's teaching her children. That babies are disposable?!?! [​IMG]
    Ugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by