Saw this sign at the gate of an old graveyard...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Jan 2, 2013.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    What do people in this country get up to? [​IMG] This is the first of these signs I've seen here and we've seen a few graveyards. What's worrying is that this one was quite old and quite full...

[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

3. suncatcher

suncatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Wintertime!
    Weird!!!

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Maybe somebody undertook (hehe) to avoid being ripped off by the funeral industry and, possibly already owning a spot there, decided to dig ther own to avoid expenses.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Lots of times peoplevare buried with jewelry on...wedding rings..etc..
    Scum bags dig them up and steal the gold..

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

It would appear that this is what the sign is getting at. People thinking they can do the gravesite preparation themselves.

7. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    That's what I think too. I don't suppose the council would refer you to a website for professional grave robbers! It was just really strange seeing the sign there, old graveyard, out in the middle of nowhere. I haven't seen it at any other graveyard either.

8. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    Which is horrible because those kind of things probably had a greater meaning to the dead than just money. :/ Crazy people.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Yep and there will be at least one grave digger that would get hurt while illegally digging a grave and try to sue the cemetary or the state for his injuries. And the reason why??????????.............Because the cemetary didn't make it safe enough for grave diggers to dig graves safely. :mad:

10. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Well, if the grave's occupied, serve them right. Watched this strange programme on TV, I don't know how much of it was true, though they said it all was based on real events... In one episode a guy was digging up a grave to rob it and the tombstone fell on him.

Amusing as that sign was, I hope they meant people digging new graves and not old ones. Grave robbers are ****. My Dad's grave got robbed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by