Saxony & Cayuga Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RitzyBud, Oct 28, 2014.

1. RitzyBud

RitzyBud Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2014
    Maine
    Hello all. I have 2 Saxony Ducks and 2 Cayuga ducks. I got them all April 9th of this year & they were 2-3 days old. They are all feathered out now and have been for quite some time. I was wondering when they will start laying eggs? I also have a white chinese goose who is around the same age and was wondering when she'd start laying?

2. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    For the most part ducks start lay from around 17-25 weeks,

3. dugan

dugan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2012
    NY
    My Cayugas that Metzers set me on March 31 2014 are all laying now. Yours should start soon. My geese they sent have not started but, I don't expect them to until next year.

4. RitzyBud

Apr 24, 2014
    Maine

Is there anything special I'm suppose to be feeding them? They get nature wise gamebird feed. They're outside right now, they can be in a fenced area or free roam with the goose, it's there choice....only 1, the smallest cayuga likes to free roam with the goose. They get shut in at night in a small pen ...it's like 4x5,they fit nicely enough in it...but we just had our 2nd frost and our first snow will be here sunday so they will be moving into the barn tonight with lots of shavings and a hear lamp in a 10x8 pen....perhaps they just needed more room before they lay??

5. RitzyBud

Apr 24, 2014
    Maine
    I spoke to soon! I opened the door to let them out this morning and an egg was in there(; [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. RitzyBud

Apr 24, 2014
    Maine
    :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by