1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Say Hello to my little friend!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by silverfilly, Mar 27, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    OK I could not help myself, I have been walking by the guinea pigs looking everytime I go to the pet store for feeder fish. I always stop to look thinking someday Ill get one. Well Today I seen the cutest little pig ever, I just love the streak of white down hi/her face. So I brought her home.

Hubby was home when I got here, I pulled her out of my pocket and looked surprised, "How in the world did that get there" I asked [​IMG]

I later cought him peting her and talking to her [​IMG]

Anyway, thought I would share. By the way how do you sex these little guys?

Shhh dont tell but Im hoping to get her a friend next week [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    She's very cute! I know nothing about them other than they're furry and they're sold next to rodents.

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    She is beautiful [​IMG] There are websites to help sex them. I got 2 last fall and i saw stuff on the G.pig sites, look around. I am surprised they did not make you get 2.......they do at some shops around here. I sure didn't mind [​IMG] Congratulations on your new addition [​IMG]

4. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    awww, what a cutie!!! Looks like a little Satin(maybe, looks pretty shiny) American, I love the colors. Here is a link to a site with info on sexing babies:http://www.guinealynx.info/sexing_pups.html

after you figure out what sex it is I agree the same sex buddy should magically appear in the cage soon [​IMG]

5. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Thanks for that link, Im pretty sure its a girl, now to pick a name, this is the hard part! And Yes I thought she looked satiny too but did not even know they existed in GP but yep I guess they do.

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Name her Mischief.

7. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    she is beautiful! i had wanted a guinea pig, parents said no. there is a guinea pig forum though, everyone is really helpful on there. it was branched of a C&C cage website, but i can't remember the address right now. i haven't been on in so long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by