Say it ain't so~ another Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leavingegypt, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Leavingegypt

Leavingegypt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    Alice became BIG AL and now I'm afraid Pruda may be a late bloomer Roo. I can't keep 2 roosters, dang that straight run! Here's the pics, tell me the bad news. the last pic is from our confirmed roo BIG Al. Both are 5 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm trying to remember when my chickens were that age. Buff Orp hens can have can have a good sized comb. I guess you will have to wait and see...
    [​IMG]

I must say we found our Buff Orp roosters to be pretty adorable. They are in the bachelor coop with the Cochin Rooster.
    [​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a pullet

4. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Looks like a cockerel to me. This was my BO pullet, a little older than that guy, but notice how she doesn't have any wattles drooping yet like yours on the last picture.
    [​IMG]

5. Leavingegypt

Mar 21, 2012
    The last pic is BIG Al. We know he is a cockrel- a Don Knotts kind of cockrel, but a roo none the less. The first 4 pics are of Pruda/P-Diddy. That's the one I'm concerned about. I showed a pic of Al so you could see the difference. I also have 1 more BO confirmed pullet, her comb shows no color is small and she has no waddles. 3 Production reds round out my little flock- all are 5 weeks old. 2 roos would just be too many. I do have a farmer friend who has BO's and no roo- so she said she would take one.

6. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    I think #2 is a pullet. #1 maybe a cockerel.

7. Well, to me she looks like a pullet.

8. Leavingegypt

Mar 21, 2012
    5 pics #1-4 are Pruda/P-Diddy(the chick in question #5 is BIG Al. I know there are lots of pics but I wanted to get shots from every angle :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by