Say It Aint So ~ updated pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dreamwallaby, Jun 13, 2010.

1. dreamwallaby

dreamwallaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Camden County NJ
    I have 4 EE and 1 amerileg. The EEs are 4wks today, the Amerileg is 10days younger than the EEs but made a weird noise tonight. It was not the normal peeping they do, it was deeper. not a crow but def. some sort of call? The other pullets also pick at this one and it's comb is redder than the others. Will pullets pick at a cockeral or is just because she is a little younger? I have no idea if the comb just redder because its a diff. mix than the rest or if my beautful girl is a handsome boy ?????

Here is a pic from 1 wk ago, chick is 18days old in pic
    [​IMG]

For comparison, here is one of my EEs at 21 days
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of comb today at 25days
    [​IMG]

Here are pics of feathering at 25days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Look at them legs, thats gotta be a roo. and a proud looking one at that.

3. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Looks like a roo to me, too. He's lovely,

Sandie

4. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    I'm hesitant to say roo, largely because a couple of my 15 week old pullets have taken that stance occasionally when they were younger. [​IMG] I think it's too close to call. If a red comb is starting, then I'd say roo, but otherwise [​IMG] I think it's a little early to tell.

5. dreamwallaby

Apr 18, 2010
    Camden County NJ
    I know I cant be sure until egg laying time, but today the tables turned and this chick that is normally getting picked on was bossing everyone around [​IMG] hoping she just got tired of being on the bottom of the pecking order and not showing a roo side

6. macmama

macmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    That comb is looking pretty darn red... You meant 25 DAYS, right?

7. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Wouldnt 25 weeks mean that that bird should be almost completely mature? (6 months) Or did i mis understand it?

Im thinking that is a roo... sorry [​IMG] But he looks like a handsome boy! [​IMG]

8. dreamwallaby

Apr 18, 2010
    Camden County NJ
    Oops YES only 25 DAYS. I fixed it, lol. Would it be that red on a pullet leghorn since that's what the mix is? I keep trying to tell myself it's just because it's a diff mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by