Say it Ain't So!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
  2. Ailsa

Ailsa Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    England, UK
    I think Ill stick to shop bought [​IMG]
    poor woman had a right time lol

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    I can relate. She put my thoughts to words. We are doing better now though![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    haha i've read that before and cracked up. so typical of a goat. well not all, just one of mine.

5. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    funny!!! [​IMG]

6. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGOSH !! Is that something I will be going thru in the future ? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It takes them a bit to settle down at a new place. When they learn the routine you won't have to do much more than open the gate. They will get on the stand and wait to be milked.

8. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Reminds me of my adventures milking my first two does. My alpine hated it! And when I got a decent amount of milk she would knock it over or get hair in it. And when I finally would get enough milk I was the only one who would drink it so a lot went to waste. I tried making cheese... the curds were thrown out on a constant basis so I gave up milking Saria and Spots.

I plan on trying to milk Saria's daughter who was a bottle baby since Saria refused to let her milk as well. But I don't expect much of anything and I might be wasting time again.

9. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    We had a goat that would not feed her kids, so we milked her several times a day to put the milk into bottles for the kids. I never had any problems like that, LOL. We would just walk right up to her and milk her. We didn't tether her or anything. [​IMG]

10. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Quote:Wish that had been my case. I got a few bottles off my girls for my bottle baby. I eventually switched to milk replacer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by