say it isn't so....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by what was i thinking, Feb 6, 2009.

1. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i have babies that a month old, 20 days old and some that are 8 days old. i can see wattles on a bunch of them. some with alot of color on the month olds and the 20 are not far behind.... i even have some showing on the 8 day olds. [​IMG]
    it isn't too soon to say i have roos is it? i would say they are roos. very full of themselves.
    i can't believe they show up that fast....... [​IMG]

2. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    There all roos! ha ha ha ha ! What kind are they I'll come and save you by taking them all off your hands, no charge [​IMG]

3. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    Quote:i have three barred rock/salmon faverolle five toes feather footed....just like the one in the pic but doesn't have the yellow legs, has lighter skin.
    i have ba and some andalusian.... i am going to have to go back down there and count 'em. i already know it is more than i barginned for.
    eta to remove pic... caused to much confusion.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  4. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Thats a hen. BR hens are nice and dark like that. Wattles and combs don't mean they're roosters; red wattles/combs mean they're roosters.

5. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    that isn't the one i was asking. i was showing what the others look like. i was also told when they are mixed you can't used color to decide gender....
    this is what i mean. this is a month old today and is as dark as the first pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    uhhh oh............ [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    that one's a boy...[​IMG]

8. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    him and his two brothers that look just like him. darn it. i got rid of my barred roo so this was it.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    yeah.... last pic is a ROO!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by