Say What?! Karaoke....

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
If you had to sing one song on Karaoke what would it be?
cool.png

It would have to be.. Happy Birthday.. Cause I can't sing.
hide.gif
And, in my opinion, the only song anyone can sing without sounding completely gawd awful is Happy Birthday!!

IDK but today on the radio I heard Meatloaf/Paradise by the Dashboard Light and belted the entire song out with my 18yo dd looking on in amazement!
lau.gif
She says there's so much cr*p stuck in my head that she hopes she's not around the day it explodes, she doesn't want to clean up the mess!!!!
gig.gif

Quote:
Great choice Rodriguez!

Ones I typically sing when I do get out:

4 NonBlondes - What's Up
Reba - Does He Love You (need a partner)
Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
Bonnie Raitt - Something To Talk About
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life, Tourniquet, My Immortal
AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long
Segar - Old Time Rock & Roll
Etheridge - I Wanna Come Over, I'm The Only One
McLachlan - Angel
Martina - Independance Day, My Baby Loves Me
Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

There are some others I've tried, but they aren't regulars.

But to pick just one... depends so much on my mood.

Quote:
That's exactly the song I thought first thought of. Although I think most of us are aware that I haven't been in a karaoke mood lately.....
roll.png

lau.gif
Now, you can't be singing a song like that... those ladies will think you're literally asking their hubbies if.... ahem...

I-Day, Tourniquet... those would prolly be safe... death and man-hating... Or maybe Etheridge... donno how many times I've gotten that 'she's one of those' looks after I sing her song... the uber short hair didn't help.
roll.png

Ohhhh I totally forgot about Mary Chapin Carpenter... I Feel Lucky is a good warmup song... and if you've got the lungs Saturday Night is awesome fun to sing... so bouncy.

edit... OHHH and 99 Red Balloons that one is fun too... don't know the German, only the English (wouldn't THAT be cool) bit it's a cool one.

Last edited:
Quote:
Great choice Rodriguez!

Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

But to pick just one... depends so much on my mood.

Why thank you!
big_smile.png
On a side note, I can't tell you how many times we played Johnny B. Goode in band! LOL

Back
Top Bottom