Sayin' Hello! :)

wdscully

Chirping
Feb 7, 2017
California
Hello Everyone! :)

I am super excited to have started on our 1st chicken adventure! Almost 3 weeks ago we brought home 4 sweet day-old baby chicks... 1 RIR, 1 Leghorn, 1 Black Star and 1 Ameraucana. We currently have them brooding in the dining room while we build their coop in the backyard. They have been such fun for our family. My 8 year old carries them around everywhere and says she is giving them "Chicken School" so they can learn to be real chickens some day (not sure how baby chicks aren't real chickens in her mind, but.. she's 8 lol.). My husband is building a beast of a coop in our backyard (which probably isn't that big, but "feels" big in the suburbs) which we are affectionately calling Coopageddon :). I am brand new to the world of anything bird-related, especially chickens and have learned so much from reading everyone's posts. I look forward to meeting new people and being a part of a fun chicken-loving community :).

Can I use this for my chukar pen, or is not strong enough. What to get this because it is the cheapest.

G’Day from down under wdsully
frow.gif
Welcome!

Aaaw, the ‘chicken school’ was so sweet to read, had me smiling!

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Raising poultry is a great hobby for the entire family, glad all of you are enjoying it!

Back
Top Bottom