Sayin' Hello! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wdscully, Feb 7, 2017.

1. wdscully

wdscully Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2017
    California
    Hello Everyone! :)

I am super excited to have started on our 1st chicken adventure! Almost 3 weeks ago we brought home 4 sweet day-old baby chicks... 1 RIR, 1 Leghorn, 1 Black Star and 1 Ameraucana. We currently have them brooding in the dining room while we build their coop in the backyard. They have been such fun for our family. My 8 year old carries them around everywhere and says she is giving them "Chicken School" so they can learn to be real chickens some day (not sure how baby chicks aren't real chickens in her mind, but.. she's 8 lol.). My husband is building a beast of a coop in our backyard (which probably isn't that big, but "feels" big in the suburbs) which we are affectionately calling Coopageddon :). I am brand new to the world of anything bird-related, especially chickens and have learned so much from reading everyone's posts. I look forward to meeting new people and being a part of a fun chicken-loving community :).

2. Austin T

Austin T Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2017
    wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    Can I use this for my chukar pen, or is not strong enough. What to get this because it is the cheapest.

3. Austin T

Austin T Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2017
    wisconsin
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7701998/width/200/height/400[/IMG
    Here is a discription

4. Austin T

Austin T Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2017
    wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under wdsully [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaw, the ‘chicken school’ was so sweet to read, had me smiling!

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  6. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, wdscully, and :welcome! It's great to have you aboard! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Raising poultry is a great hobby for the entire family, glad all of you are enjoying it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by