1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Saying Goobye to my Beloved Bantam Rooster Blue

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Orpingtonlover, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Orpingtonlover

Orpingtonlover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey everyone i come to you tonight on a very sad note i went out to close up my coop for the night and noticed one of my rooster attacking my other one he face was so badly mangled i had to put him down he was my main man i will miss him dearly here is a picture:( it really breaks my heart.

[​IMG]

goodbye my friend:(

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss. My 12 year old dog died this morning, too. Awful feeling.

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm sorry. [​IMG] HUGS to the both of you. :aww

4. Orpingtonlover

Orpingtonlover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    Thank you so much and im sorry my brother told me to get over it because he was just a chicken but to me my chickens are much more then that there my passion and when they die it truly kills me.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

OH MY! I am sooooo very sorry for you losses....Orpington, and Speckled. :aww

I just lost my Golden Retriever last week...he was 13. UGH what a terrible feeling...ANY PET! They are our babies!! Just know.....they had a great life with you, and they know they were loved. Again, im so very sorry.

6. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    I agree. I'm so sorry for your losses.
    I too just experienced a loss right around X-mas time. My cat that was 21 died. I had him his whole life. It seems like yesterday he was a little gray powder puff.
    It's so hard when our beloved pets die.

7. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Oh, you both have my sympathies!

[​IMG]

8. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Oh, Orpingtonlover, I'm so sorry for your loss. :aww
    speckledhen, my heart goes out to you too. [​IMG]

It is so hard to loose a loyal friend, but remember love does not die. May you each find peace with the happy memories of your pets.

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss. :aww

10. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    My heart goes out to you both. I'm so sorry for your losses. I lost a pet recently, too, and I know- you just ache for them. Just take comfort in the fact that you gave your much loved friends a wonderful life while they were here with you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by