Saying good by to my 500 chickens :(

Colored Egg Farmer

Chicken overload
15 Years
Apr 30, 2008
North Eastern Pa... Near NY
Well it was finally time to part with my chickens. They were 2 year old and were not laying enough to pay for there feed. I sold as many of them to homes as i could the rest will most likely end up in dog food. I just feel really bad i had to get rid of them but i asked them as much as i could to lay there eggs.... This is them when they were 1-3 days open there were 650
9718_picture_017.jpg
they were the cutest things when they were small. They were born March 15-17 2008 and out of them all 2 died as little chicks. and one turned out to be a roo.

This is them when they were older

I'll really miss them but time has to go on and have to prepare for the new batch that i will hopefully be able to get this spring
smile.png

Last edited:
they were still laying a little bit maybe 60 eggs a day. it just wasn't enough to keep them though plus the cold weather would have been very bad. i had only around 200 left the rest were sold for 1 dollar and they would not create enough eat to keep the water system from freezing and could possibly all die of freezing.

I'm sorry you had to sell them, but such is the life of a chicken farmer!
smile.png

Too bad I don't have more room at my place, otherwise I would have taken some off your hands. You are pretty close to me.

Wish you were closer. I love to take in older chickens who don't lay well anymore. Got two hens right now that haven't laid an egg since I brought them home lol.

I just like to watch the chickens, like a fish tank

Back
Top Bottom