Saying goodbye to my ducks

mypoorducky

Chirping
Oct 7, 2021
Hello all. Today I must say goodbye to my 2 ducks. My neighbors have complained about their smell and threatened to tell our landlord, so my parents, overnight, decided to have them returned to the farm we got them from. Perhaps it's for the best, but I will miss them very much. I wish I could have given them a parting gift, such as their favorite snacks or a nice warm bath, but it was too sudden and I had too little say in it. Right now we are on our way to return them. As I no longer own any fowl, I won't be on here much more, so I guess this will also be a goodbye to this amazing community that's helped me through thick and thin. Perhaps I may return someday, when I am in a better place and position to own ducks, but for now,

Goodbye Donald and Daffy. :frow

20211211_104731.jpg

Edit: Finally returned them. The other ducks and geese didn't seem to like them very much, but hopefully they'll settle in properly soon enough.
20211211_152126.jpg

Last edited:
I realize the parting is so sad for you, but I am sure it is better that the ducks have moved to a farm setting where they will not offend neighbors and you will know they get good care. They will take a few days to get to know the other ducks there. Do go and see them when you can -- they will remember being hand raised by you [although they may not be immediately friendly remembering that you parted from them.]

Once you are bitten by the love for ducks, you will always love ducks!! In the future when you have more control of where you live and what are your priorities, you will always be able to build on what you have learnt now and start keeping ducks again.

So sorry to hear this and sending positive thoughts!! I also had to say goodbye to my sweet little Quack who I found dead. She had been suffering with egg laying issues for over 2 years. It was devistating. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time !!

Back
Top Bottom