Saying Goodbye to My Feathered Family :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hokankai, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    Well, the time has come once again for me to head back to college and leave my chickies behind. I leave early tomorrow morning, and this afternoon I decided to take pics of the pullets and cockerels so I can see how much they've changed in the the next 4 months (they are currently 14-15 weeks old?). When I next see them in December, my hens will have experienced their first molt, my pullets will have their adult feathering, and my cockerels will be crowing. I hate missing their little milestones, but that's life I guess.

Here are the pics of my feathered babies ^_^

Banties: Jemima
    [​IMG]

Daisy, who has a crippled foot
    [​IMG]

Jane, the small and mighty
    [​IMG]

Sadie, who went from an unsocialized biter to a very tolerant cuddler [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Violet, the sweetest and my favorite [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Francis, the adorably cuddly cockerel <3 (he was given a haircut so he could see)
    [​IMG]

LF Pullets (and Hootie the lone boy):
    Claire, so sweet and my favorite LF
    [​IMG]

Clover and Hootie (siblings)
    [​IMG]

Flo
    [​IMG]

Ginger
    [​IMG]

and Ivy (aka Falcon Face)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    What a truly adorable feathered family you have! I'm sorry you won't see them for a while, but imagine the beautiful changes when you get back!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Your birds are beautiful. Sorry you have to say goodbye, for a while.

Imp

4. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    Thanks [​IMG]. It's always hard to leave my pets behind, but I'm hoping my family gives them as good of care as I do [​IMG]. Can't help but worry

5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Maybe you could skype them to keep in touch [​IMG] You are lucky to have a family who is willing to take over Coop Duties for you! My DH will do the minimal but doesn't "socialize" well with chickens! I am sure your brood will miss you!

6. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Phew!!!!!!! When I read the title, I thought you were having to give them up completely. So glad that they will still be "your" chickens. They are all so very beautiful! Have your mom take pictures and email you updates once a week! Then you'll get to see all the changes and feel more connected. Good luck in school!!

~Kelly~
    My Country Chronicles Blog

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful chickens! I love your frizzle! I've got some bantam cochin frizzles and I just adore them!

Take care and have a wonderful year of school! So sorry you have to leave your feathery friends.....

Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by