Saying goodbye to the best rooster ever.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by willowbranchfarm, Mar 11, 2012.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm going to have to get rid of jet. I know someone who will take him. I'm extremely sad about it. But trying to not be. I love him and always will. He is the best rooster in the world. I love you jet.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    awww...he is so pretty. Why do you have to get rid of him ?

3. oh no! [​IMG] i actually started to almost cry, i hate getting rid of the ones i love :(
    who will take him?

4. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I have to get rid of him because I'm not supost to have him. He crows a lot and I love hearing it but my neighbors wont. And he is getting protective of his girls. But is fine alone with me. He just run into us sometimes and I have to pick him up and he calms down as soon as I do. Its so sad. I will probably cry when I get rid of him. One of my friends who has a big farm is going to take him. I'm extremely worried. They have other roosters and chickens and stuff. Well I think they will take him. We are still talking about it. I didn't think I would have to get rid of him. *cry*

5. [​IMG] oh no!!!!

6. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Cheers to him having the vacation life! He can crow as much and as loud as he wants. You could give him away with a hen as a friend and know he'll be ever happy.

"Don't be upset because its over. Smile because it happened."
    Dave Gust

That's an awesome quote.

7. Silkies~Polishes

Silkies~Polishes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Aw I'm so sorry! I know how you feel. I know this may sound unsympethic but once you give away the rooster you won't miss him as much as you thought! When I had to give away my rooster I thought I was going to die!!!! For the same reason too. He was the sweetest chicken in the world. More friendly and outgoing than my hens, and they are so sweet! He was a white and grey splash Cochin. If you look on my page there is a beautiful picture of him that I took before I gave him away that I'm extremely proud of

8. Silkies~Polishes

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Aw I'm so sorry! I know how you feel. I know this may sound unsympethic but once you give away the rooster you won't miss him as much as you thought! When I had to give away my rooster I thought I was going to die!!!! For the same reason too. He was the sweetest chicken in the world. More friendly and outgoing than my hens, and they are so sweet! He was a white and grey splash Cochin. If you look on my page there is a beautiful picture of him that I took before I gave him away that I'm extremely proud of

9. Silkies~Polishes

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Oh oops forgot he's my profile picture. Look on my page if you want to see my hens! I also have a white crested black polish if its not on there

10. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by