Saying Goodbye

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 00BlasterResto, Jun 30, 2011.

1. 00BlasterResto

00BlasterResto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    indiana
    We had to say goodbye to our first Rooster yesterday. We kept him as long as we could and it was a pleasure haveing him, but we simply could not have him where we live. [​IMG]
    He started to get louder and more aggresive taward me and the chickens (not my girlfreind though). I do live on a ocuple of acres and I really considered trying to keep him, however I was not willing to risk loseing my whole flock for him.
    My neighbors who also have chickens recently purchased a large piece of land in the country and have a growing flock but no rooster because of previous location. They said they would be willing to take him whenever we were ready, we kept him as long as we could so he could get big enouph to defend himself in the flock.
    Oh yeah, we got him when we purchased six pullets (well 5 and a Roo I guess).
    A few pics of him growing up. I intended on takeing pics of his new home but forgot when we got there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the last pic I took of him in the jeep.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    What a handsome boy. So sorry he had to go. [​IMG]

3. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    He is very pretty! At least you were lucky enough to find him a good home!! Many roosters are not so fortunate [​IMG]

4. mtnviewfarms

mtnviewfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry you can't keep your Roo - he is gorgeous. Hopefully he will do well at his new home.

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Wow, he's gorgeous! And he 'roo'ed out' quickly, if those dates are correct on the pics. I have a 3.5 month old EE roo that doesn't even have his saddles in yet. [​IMG]

6. 00BlasterResto

00BlasterResto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    indiana
    Yep, all dates on photos are correct.
    I never had a Roo before, but I actually started guessing he was at about 4 weeks because of the way he carried himself and he crowed at about 8 weeks. Luckily we will also be able to go up and check him out anytime we want to, so we will (hopefuly) get to see him mature which will be very cool for us.
    As mentioned, I was very happy to be able to find him a home. They said they even hope to get some chicks from him, so my next group of pullets could even be form him! [​IMG]

7. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Wow, he's beautiful! [​IMG]

8. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    He's so pretty...... wait, I mean handsome. lol So sorry he had to go...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by