1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scale

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ijon1, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ijon1

ijon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    Does anyone use a fish scale to keep track of their meaties weight.?

2. litterbitt

litterbitt Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    West Central GA
    Yes. I bought the one recommended elsewhere on this board from WalMart. I put the chicken in a shopping bag with a flat bottom and handles, and weigh them that way. Which reminds me, I need to do that today. My meaties are six weeks old.

Liz

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    yeah sure all the time, I don't buy the cheap walmart ones but I got mine at Bass pro shop, works very well and reads to the ounce.

AL

4. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Berkley digital ; mine's quick , accurate within 1 oz , and was under $25 with shipping purchased online at Amazon [ after I shared the Walmart link @ $19 they were sold out the next day when I tried to order [​IMG] Not sure if they are available again at Walmart's or not ] ETA : I should have added that it weighs anything from 1 oz to 50 lbs , so I did LOL

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  5. ijon1

ijon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    Thank-you all.

6. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    got mine at the local PO... it reads up to 10 lbs and reads oz and fractions of oz... (hummm ... fraction of an ounce... guess the PO would need to charge us for those,... yes indeed!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by