scaly feet and getting worse?????

jbpromised

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 25, 2009
Home
can anyone help ? started with the rooster now a few of the hens are getting it. rooster caint walk very well and it looks like it is painfull .

My guess for scaly feet would be scaly leg mites but I would like to see a pic. For the leg mites take vegetable oil or some kind of oil to smother the mites. Depending on the severity you may have to do it again. You can also use ivomec and some other products but the oil is fast, easy and effective. You may want to do a search for more info. My post is there.
sharon

I can't see your picture.

If you do a search on here for scaly leg mite you will find some interesting threads to read. A lot of people use vaseline on the legs and feet, applied daily. It will smother them.

There are also medications that kill all external and internal parasites. So if they also have worms and/or other mites and lice, might be a good time to use them.

I saw one thread where the leg mites were horrible, and within a few days of using the vaseline there was marked improvement.

This thread is actually the owner of the message board asking for help:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33903

I just read through some of the above thread- and it seems a lot of people ended up having to use medications too.

Last edited:
THANK YOU so much for this information, may GOD BLESS U AND YOURS and have a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON

Back
Top Bottom