Scaly leg mite treatment..Bag Balm????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by momof10, Nov 30, 2012.

1. momof10

momof10 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2011
    Have any of you had success using Bag Balm on your chickens with scaly leg mites? I have read several posts on BYC and most reccommend Vaseline...just wondering if BB might work. Thanks!

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I have never used Bag Balm but I have read here that it is extremely effective used against scaly leg mites - wish it was available here in France, I use vaseline and it is VERY messy and leaves huge stains on my clothing too...... and I cannot get the stains out of my tee shirts, jackets etc.... they are worth it though - anything that gets rid of the problem is OK by me.

Suzie

3. momof10

Dec 10, 2011
    Thank you so much for your reply...I really appreciate it [​IMG]I would imagine you could order Bag Balm online fairly inexpensively as it is for sale over here in the U.S. at almost every retail store. I will let you know how it works. Merci!

4. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Nu stock also works really well. Some livestock/feed stores carry it, and you can get it online. Good luck.

5. momof10

Dec 10, 2011
    Great! I'll check out my local feed stores...Thank you ![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by