Scaly Leg Mites - any 'before and after' photos?

HollyWoozle

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
I have been in a long battle with scaly leg mites and am finally having some success - I know that it can take a long time for the legs to look normal again (if they ever do) and that it's hard to know when the mites have really gone, since the legs maintain the strange look for a time.

I was wondering if anybody has any 'before and after' photos of chickens with SLM to give me some hope please? :fl

I am seeing quite a bit of improvement now that some of our hens are moulting but it would be so satisfying to see end results. :)

This is our hen Ruth. We adopted her early this year and the rescue informed us that she's had ongoing scaly leg mite issues.

We dont have any clear photos of her feet but you can see below that her legs, in particular her left, were pretty thick when she arrived.
20190422_135435.jpg

20190424_182717 (1).jpg

This is what her feet look like now. Our avian vet gave her the all clear but her old scales are yet to fall off. We still wash all of our chickens' feet and spray every now and then as a precaution though.
20191003_211017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom