Scaly leg mites- GONE!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MCArt20, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MCArt20

MCArt20 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2016
    Pretty amazing. About a week after ivermectin, and Vaseline rubbed into legs, (only once) they started to have patches of almost white super clean scales. This seemed to progress down the legs and today now their their feet too. (I only have two chickens). All tight scales now, creamy whitish- yellow, no dirt in between the scales, they look almost shiny. Brand new. Can be done! They also loved having the Vaseline rubbed into their legs, like a massage. Spa day. Will check later today for mites on their bodies, hoping for the same.....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. cmarlowdrive

cmarlowdrive Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2016
    Please send picture or link of where to get this. Tractor Supply has a tube of gel for horses that they ingest. That can't be the same thing. The lice treatment spray I am using is not working. Thank you.

3. MCArt20

MCArt20 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2016
    [​IMG]

This is what I used, cheapest I found - from valley vet supply, (250ml).
    Ivermectin pour on. I should add I also had given them a bath with dawn dish soap and did wash their legs at that time, then applied the Vaseline. About a month earlier, I put Vaseline on but just kind of Gooped it on, and did not notice much difference. I wonder if rubbing it into the scales helped. A lady at our feed store said she had great success with frontline flea/tick spray. I was going to try that next.

4. cmarlowdrive

cmarlowdrive Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2016
    Great thank you for your advice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by