Curing scaly leg mites

Treat the birds as previously mentioned, but you can treat the roosting bars and housing with a Permethrin based poultry spray, this can be found in stores like TSC.

Could SLM affect egg production? They could but there's many things that can affect production. Are they having difficulties? Could they be starting to molt? How old are the birds?

If you have photos of the legs and the hens that would be great.

Could SLM affect egg production? They could but there's many things that can affect production. Are they having difficulties? Could they be starting to molt? How old are the birds?
They are a little slow on production, but I believe it's from the heavy molt that most of them are in, and lower daylight hours obviously.
My birds range from 3 months to around 5-6 years.
I know age also plays a big role in production.
I'm not worried about the production, I was just curious if SLM could affect it.

If you have photos of the legs and the hens that would be great.
I will not be able to get any tomorrow, but I will try early next week.

Thanks for your reply. ❤️:)

(@6BeachChicks, @Eggcessive, @MysteryChicken, @Wyorp Rock, @Aunt Angus, )
UPDATE:
So sorry I forgot to take pictures :oops: Sorry for the delay
I believe their feet are getting better. 3 of my hens currently have severe scaly leg mites, so I am working on treating each of them once a week. I believe they're getting better.

Here are some pictures: (please excuse the dirty feet; after washing and applying Vaseline, dirt/dust/feathers stick easily to their feet... and excuse the bad quality, the chickens are quite squirmy so it was hard to get a good photo)

IMG_5947 (1).JPG
IMG_5948.JPG
IMG_6007 (1).JPG
IMG_6008 (1).JPG

Back
Top Bottom