Scaly leg mites?!

sarah4hchickens

Chirping
Jan 4, 2020
Ok so I have 50 chickens total. 25 are full grown, mostly hens but a few Roos. They are pretty old and they have scaly leg mites, I’m positive, and I am currently treating them with Vaseline mixed with Sevin. But I also have 25 pullets, and they are housed completely separately and never interact, but I’m worried they have the same thing. I may be worried because I’ve been through this before. Attached is a pic of my 16 week old silver laced wyandotte pullets legs. Keep in mind, they are a bit muddy. Can someone please help and tell me if she has it and how the heck to treat all 50 chickens!
9D6AF5D5-6B2C-4DE2-B51F-94CDDCE4029A.jpeg
4D145463-DD82-41E0-B99A-3FDF42677076.jpeg

Ok so I have 50 chickens total. 25 are full grown, mostly hens but a few Roos. They are pretty old and they have scaly leg mites, I’m positive, and I am currently treating them with Vaseline mixed with Sevin. But I also have 25 pullets, and they are housed completely separately and never interact, but I’m worried they have the same thing. I may be worried because I’ve been through this before. Attached is a pic of my 16 week old silver laced wyandotte pullets legs. Keep in mind, they are a bit muddy. Can someone please help and tell me if she has it and how the heck to treat all 50 chickens!View attachment 2170670View attachment 2170671
Also, my other chickens that are in the same pen don’t look like that, only a few are similar. Could it just be the black lacing in the legs?

Back
Top Bottom