Scaly leg mites

I hope he's doing better soon! When my hen started showing symptoms of scaly legs I tried treating with just vaseline and it didn't improve. My local feed store recommended a feet spray treatment just for this, and it finally started improving. I also spray now for prevention on all my hens periodically. And mite powder too. I'm in the United Kingdom so probably have different brands Xx

Just as a side note, to add to @Wyorp Rock's awesome advice, I would take someone else with you to hold him in the towel. I have done it alone but have had fun trying to put chickens back on the perch with vaseline all over my hands/gloves and have ended up with sticky chickens. :lau

I hope he's doing better soon! When my hen started showing symptoms of scaly legs I tried treating with just vaseline and it didn't improve. My local feed store recommended a feet spray treatment just for this, and it finally started improving. I also spray now for prevention on all my hens periodically. And mite powder too. I'm in the United Kingdom so probably have different brands Xx
What's the brand of spray? I might be able to find it in the U.S

What's the brand of spray? I might be able to find it in the U.S
IMG_20210517_120040466.jpg

The local feed store recommended Nettex brand for treatment, and the Barrier brand for prevention. I hope that's helpful! 🤞🐔☺️

Back
Top Bottom