Scaly leg mites?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by clkingtx, Sep 13, 2010.

1. clkingtx

clkingtx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    I just need to know if this is scaly leg mites. I just noticed a few of the pullet's scales are lifted on its feet. She also has a little spot on one foot that looks like what I get with a chigger bite, red spot with white dot in center. No swelling or anything, and I can't really tell if this might just be normal, since most of my girl's feet look really similar, minus the pink spot.
    thanks,
    Carrie

[​IMG]

you can see the pink spot here between the toes, sorry it is blurry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wish I could be of some help. I'm not sure though. Someone should come by soon.

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Im really not sure what the early sign's are.But I did get a jersey Roo once and with some help I was told was leg Mite's.I treated him for a few week's with a mixture of Sulpher powder which is fairly cheap at your mill or feed store mixed with petroleum jelly.I Think if I remember right it's 2 oz sulpher to a Large jar of pet. jelly.Even if it's not mite's the sulpher should help some anyway.Maybe someone else can advise.

4. clkingtx

clkingtx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if this looks like mites or not? I appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
    Carrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by