Scaly leg mites?

ErinG

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2010
Oregon
I'm wondering if my bantam brahma has leg mites? She is 4.5 years old.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm wondering if my bantam brahma has leg mites? She is 4.5 years old. Sorry if one of those photos posted twice, hard to do this from a phone.
[/URL]
Yes, that looks like scaly leg mites. The way I treated, was to soak the feet and legs in a warm epsom salt bath and used a toothbrush to gently brush the feet and legs while standing in the water. This will loosen the "gunk". Then I dip the legs in olive oil allowing enough time to soak in really good. Repeat daily for atleast a week if not longer. Others use different methods such as vaseline or Ivermectin. You will also need to treat the coop and roosting bars, remove all liter and replace.

Yes, that looks like scaly leg mites. The way I treated, was to soak the feet and legs in a warm epsom salt bath and used a toothbrush to gently brush the feet and legs while standing in the water. This will loosen the "gunk". Then I dip the legs in olive oil allowing enough time to soak in really good. Repeat daily for atleast a week if not longer. Others use different methods such as vaseline or Ivermectin. You will also need to treat the coop and roosting bars, remove all liter and replace.

I was afraid of that, thank you so much for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom