Scam???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Jan 26, 2011.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    A deaf friend of mine told me that she won $80,000 from this company. She saw my name in the listings and advised me to join up. As for me, I am very highly suspecious of this company and will NOT invest my money or get any check from them. I sent her this link: http://www.alldeaf.com/personal-finances/46258-ibc-imperia.html and she said they are legit company and she did receive the first check of $1,000 today.

Sorry I just don't buy that but is it legit? I really don't think so. I've tried Scopes but didn't find anything like it.

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

On her behalf call the D.A.s office and ask about it.

A pyramid scam?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I don't know much about IBC Imperia but google says it is from South America.....

She already done the investments so she didn't care as long she got the checks. [​IMG]

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I actually have an all deaf account. If you want I can bump the old thread and let everyone know they are at it again.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Please do!

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    bump

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Is the check any good? Does she have to send any money back to reinvest? Smells like a scam to me, but I was born skeptical.

8. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Hopefully she deposits it and waits until it clears before she spends it. I f it is good Great.....if it bounces, she does not want to be out any money!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    This is the message she gave me:

I am so happy today because I got $80,000 check from the IBC Imperia Invest Company. They gave me the money for a deaf support. I wonder if you get your money yet because I saw your name on the IBC list and I ask, they told me they will bring money to you too. Email to them now on [email protected], so they can bring money to you too.Many of my friends email to them and they got money too. Be touch soon.

is real that i saw your name on the ibc list when they came to deliver me my own money there i saw your name on the list so you can email them or add them online yahoo and talk to them so that you can get money deliver they are real and legit !

I never signed up on IBC and how did they know I am deaf?????? I think it is a scam. [​IMG]

10. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    The email account is Yahoo.com. It seems to me that an actual bank/foundation/what have you that *disburses money* would NEVER allow employees to use an outside email service due to security concerns. I smell a rat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by